Our Life & Times
Friday, December 15, 2006
Getting Into the Spirit of the Season
This morning I went to a "Thank you" breakfast for the United Way interns at the Silver Grille restaurant in Old town Fort Collins. This restaurant has been there for about 100 years. They had Christmas Carolers in costumes, and the food was SO GOOD!!!!! Apparently, they are famous for their cinnamon rolls, but if you can't eat one of the huge cinnamon rolls, then you can opt for cinnamon roll toast in place of your regular toast. OMG, it was WONDERFUL!!! Nicolle also said some very nice things about me to the group and she made me cry. But, it was a nice way to start the Christmas holiday season!
After breakfast I sent a Christmas package to my mom in SC and then I went to Walmart to do the dreaded grocery shopping, but I also had to stock up on long-john underwear, ear muffs, and knit beanies because on Christmas Eve we are going to the Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnatti Bengals football game. It will probably be freezing!!!
And finally, last but not least, this afternoon I am helping a friend from church deliver presents people from our church bought for less fortunate children at Konnor's school. It will be a nice ending to a nice day!
After breakfast I sent a Christmas package to my mom in SC and then I went to Walmart to do the dreaded grocery shopping, but I also had to stock up on long-john underwear, ear muffs, and knit beanies because on Christmas Eve we are going to the Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnatti Bengals football game. It will probably be freezing!!!
And finally, last but not least, this afternoon I am helping a friend from church deliver presents people from our church bought for less fortunate children at Konnor's school. It will be a nice ending to a nice day!
posted by Laura at 1:46 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home