Our Life & Times
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Signs of Winter

We got a little snow yesterday and the day before, in our area, about 5 inches. Luckily, before the snow fell this weekend, Konnor and Brian put most of our Christmas lights up. This morning, when Brian left for work at 5:30 am he told me with the wind chill it was -29 degrees outside! Now that's COLD! I started my car to warm it up before I had to take Konnor to school this morning and it made this terrible noise. I think it was frozen, but as it warmed up it got better. So, I decided to take a picture of the house and yard covered in snow for my blog, and wasn't outside but about 2 or 3 minutes and I could feel the inside of my nostrils start to freeze. Anyway, you get the picture. It is cold here in Colorado.It does kind of bring you into the holiday spirit though. Speaking of which, Konnor and I scheduled a "date" to bake cookies, put together a Gingerbread house, and watch Christmas movies for the day after he gets out of school for Christmas vacation. I think it should be lots of fun! He is also going to participate in the Christmas program at church this year. Their first rehearsal and picking of parts is this Saturday morning. He wants a speaking part, because he doesn't like to sing in front of people. I'll let you know what part he gets.
posted by Laura at 8:34 AM
1 Comments:
Wow, that is COLD! Cold weather like that is not for me. I'm fine right here in the SC lowcountry.
Noah is in the church program this year. I'm not sure how he'll do.... Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Post a Comment
<< Home