Our Life & Times

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Disappointment

I hate to see my son disappointed. I know it is a fact of life, but it breaks my heart when his heart is broken. Today Konnor and his friend Weston were going to go play paintball with Brian and some other guys from our church. They had been planning it for 2 weeks. An hour before they were supposed to go, Weston called and told Konnor his dad wouldn't let him go now because he didn't want us to pay for it. Well, I believe if we let Konnor invite a friend of course we plan to pay.

Anyway, I got on the phone and asked Weston if I could talk to his dad and he said his dad would be mad, so I didn't talk to him. I then asked Brian if he would call back and talk to Weston's dad man-to-man to explain that everything is taken care of and not to worry, but when Weston answered the phone and told his dad that Konnor's dad wanted to talk to him he wouldn't answer the phone, instead he just told Weston to tell him he couldn't go. Konnor was so sad, and I am sure Weston was too.

Weston is such a good kid too, and one of the only boys I really like Konnor to play with. It is Konnor's best friend. I don't understand why some parents have to be so bull-headed to do these things to their kids. And it really made Brian and I mad when he wouldn't atleast talk to one of us. What kind of parent wouldn't atleast answer the phone when another parent calls? Anyway, Brian and Konnor still went to play paintball with our friend Terin and his oldest son Tyler and the other guys from church. I am sure they are having a great time, but I do feel sorry for Weston, and I hope his dad didn't take it out on him because we called.
posted by Laura at 3:02 PM

1 Comments:

I am so NOT looking forward to Noah wanting to have friends over and spend the night, etc.... I don't tolerate other people's kids that well. Unless I know them and I know how to deal with them. Like my niece and nephews. Noah is now at that stage where he has been asking can so-and-so spend the night? I just keep telling him that he's not old enough for that yet (and Mommy isn't ready for a nervous breakdown yet!).

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home