Our Life & Times

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The "Meat and Potatoes" Of It All



I wrote a few weeks ago about finding a sense of belonging within our church, or possibly within a new church. We have not been regularly attending our church since about May, except for VBS this summer. Our church is in the midst of selecting a new pastor, and we currently have an interim pastor, who don't get me wrong is a wonderful person, but just doesn't seem to have what it takes to fulfill our church's needs or my family's needs spiritually. For whatever reason, Brian suggested to me last night that we go to church today, so we went. We still found the pastor's sermon to lack the "meat and potatoes" (as Brian put it), but we were reassured immediately after the service that a "pastor nomination committee" was being voted on and the process has begun to get our church a new pastor. We also had many of our church friends approach us and hug us and tell us how much we were missed. It was kind of nice to see everyone again. I just found it also very interesting that two things I mentioned in my blogs last week were also mentioned in church today. One was "This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it" was the first hymn we sang today to open the service with and I wrote that was my #1 thing on my list on the blog Saturday, and then on the back of the church bulletin was Psalm 84 about trusting in Him, which I had wrote about trusting my son and trusting in God that his will will be done. Coincidence? Maybe or maybe not...
posted by Laura at 1:41 PM

1 Comments:

All a part of God's plan! Hugs to you!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home