Our Life & Times

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Don't Stay Up Too Late

Konnor built a "fort" out of blankets in the living room last night and then begged us to let him sleep there last night. After some hesitation, we said he could and that was that. Well, this morning my neighbor Ami is ringing the doorbell at 8:30 because there is a pet bunny in her front yard and she wanted to know if I knew who it belonged to so that it didn't get run over by a car. As soon as Ami left I told Konnor it was time to clean up his fort and start our day. Well, he then told me that he had been up until 2:00 AM! I said that was too bad and he needed to clean it up and get dressed. He cried all the way up the stairs all the while telling me he was tired. I told him that was too bad and I guess he shouldn't have stayed up so late. I can already tell we are not going to get along today! I think I will make him take a nap this afternoon. (He hates when I make him take a nap since he is 10 years old and all, but he usually thanks me when he wakes up!)
posted by Laura at 9:10 AM

2 Comments:

I hope that your day with Konnor brightens up! Hugs to you!

10:18 AM  

Sheesh! I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late.... Well, I do tend to wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep! Like last night, I woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep so Igot up and read a copy of Bobby Sr's sermon from Wednesday. It was about prayer. Good stuff. I think I must have had something on my mind that wouldn't allow me to sleep but after reading about prayer. I slept liek a baby. Huh? Well, I hope Konnor does take a nap and I hope he is in a better mood. Lord, don't I know about tired boys....

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home