Our Life & Times
Monday, July 24, 2006
Our Little Jazzmyne

Our little Jazzmyne had to go to the vet today. For the last couple of weeks the area underneath her right eye has been really swollen. Saturday I took her to our local vet because her eye was swollen shut. They told us she had an absessed tooth, but could not operate until this coming Friday. So I brought her home with some antibiotics to take twice a day. This morning I checked Jazzmyne's eye and it was so swollen that the skin looked like it was ready to pop! I called the vet before I had to go to school, the vet I took her to on Saturday, and they said there was nothing they could do to help me. I was so upset at that point!!! So, I called our regular vet about 20 miles away, and they said bring her in as soon as you can. I told them I would be there after I got out of school at 10 AM. At 9:45 Am, as I was about to pull into our driveway, Konnor called my cell phone to tell me that Jazzmyne's eye was bleeding. I told him I would be there in just a second, and to be ready to go. The area under Jazzmyne's eye, had indeed popped! We wrapped her in a towel and Konnor held her on his lap all the way to Loveland. The Dr. there, although busy with back to back surgeries all day, met us at the door. He examined Jazzmyne and said he would operate today and she would be ready to go home tonight. That's what I call GREAT customer service and LOVE for animals!!!!!!!!!!!! On the way home, however, I did have a little talk with Konnor to let him know that Jazzmyne is getting older (She is 12), and that someday maybe sooner than later, there will come a time when the Dr. in Loveland won't be able to help us anymore. I think Konnor realizes that the time will come, but like the rest of us, he isn't ready for that time yet.
posted by Laura at 11:34 AM
2 Comments:
Your poor doggie! That sounded very painful not to mention half blinding! Good luck with the surgery! I'm sure everything will be fine.
Praying for you and your sweet dog. Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home